Monday, June 9, 2014

When God Himself is truly enough for me.....

When God Himself is truly enough for me......

1. He is my supply- and my portion.

'And my God will supply every need of yours according to HIS riches in glory in Christ Jesus.' Philippians 4:19

'My flesh and my heart may fail- but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever!' Psalm73:26

No earthly supply is preferable to God HIMSELF. If I have zero physical resources and yet have Him I am the richest of all!

2. He is my truest source of joy.

Not him answering my prayers how I want them answered.
Not how I feel at the moment.

But Him. His presence. His grace. He gives himself.

'Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, The Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the deers; he makes me tread on MY high places.'
Habakkuk 3:17-19

-Though all my best layed plans fail.
-Though all our labors fail.
-Though the things we attempt in His name, For his glory seem to be lost....

We rejoice in Him reguardless of success or failure.
His perfection is always worthy of our rejoicing.

The high places he puts me upon to tread are for me. They are the unique trials, difficulties, joys and victories he has for me.

3. He is my salvation forever my strength and my refuge. He does cause me to walk in victory whether it appears that way to me or those around me or not.

My victory in Him is totally dependent on Him, not on me.

'He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress, I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Psalm 62:6-7

4.He is my victory.

'But thanks be to God who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragance of the knowledge of Him everywhere.'
2nd Corinthians 2:14

5. He is my reward.

No other prize is worthy. He, himself is the ultimate prize.

'I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.'
Philippians 3:14

6. He is my peace.

'For he himself is our peace....' Ephesians 2:14a

7. He is my righteousness.

'For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the rightousness of God.' 2 Corinthians 5:21

8. He is my hope.

'For God alone, o my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.' Psalm 62:5

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” `~John Piper

He is my:
supply
joy
reward
victory
salvation
peace
righteousness
hope

..the list goes on and on.



No comments:

Post a Comment