Saturday, April 5, 2014

Planting before the rain.....

I stole this blog title from a wise friend.
         Last weekend, we bought a van.  A 15 passenger van to be exact.

Here it is in real life. My new car.  How I will actually drive it remains to be seen,  I used to have a suburban, which I loved to drive. 
I was blessed with a practically new minivan a few years ago and have loved it.  
To tell the truth, I am not a picky driver, I will pretty much drive whatever car my husband graciously provides for me.
And, said husband reassures me that I will one day be capable of parking it less than a mile back in the parking lot!  For now, we will be getting our exercise as I learn to park our new transportation treasure.

               Anyway, I texted my friend Heather a picture of the van right after we bought it. 
                        And that's what she texted back.  
                       Planting before the rain....... I was so blessed by the truth of it.

See this van is planting before the rain. 
It is the evidence of things hoped for, this van, as silly as it may sound,
               Is faith in action. 

 For my husband, especially, who does the majority of the car buying... (not that we do much car buying) But for him, to take money that the Lord has blessed us with, and buy this HUGE van. Is FAITH. 

See, we are hoping for more kids than we currently have.  
          The ones we have fit perfectly in that nice little mini van.  

But my husband is a man of faith.  And like Abraham, another man of faith, my husband is moving out.  He is moving out, not always 100% sure of where he is going, but yet with a sureness, direction and certainty that he never experienced while wandering this life with NO faith.

Hebrews 11:8 "By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance.  And he went out, not knowing where he was going."

One of the questions our agency asked us was, "How will you transport 7 children?" Good question. 
 We knew we needed a bigger car to have an even bigger family. 

Well we are proud to announce the arrival of that car!  God Provides.  He makes a way.  Kids are coming.  From Uganda.  Soon. Very soon.  We are hopeful. We are sure.  We are full of faith!

          Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment